To make an energy-efficient structure, the builder and all subcontractors must use the right combination of methods and materials from start to finish.
We support clients who are ready to begin building through a pre-construction meeting that includes the builder, his or her crew, and as many of the subcontractors as possible. The participants are told about the energy-efficiency goals for the project and their expected roles and responsibilities.
At this meeting, we do the following:
- Give participants drawings and instructions on how to accomplish their jobs
- Identify the specific steps and sequencing to be taken by each trade
- Establish the materials and equipment to be used
- Recommend any necessary changes in building details
- Discuss lessons learned during previous projects
- Establish the need for any further training sessions for specific trades
- Make subcontractors aware their work will be inspected and tested for air tightness
Without this step, a well-designed, energy-efficient building plan may not result in a well-built, energy-efficient structure.
The pre-construction meeting is a crucial element to an organized, productive and goal-oriented job site, ensuring that subcontractor expectations are managed effectively and issues are addressed before hand – saving you both time and money.
Give us a call today to learn more, (865) 919-7464